As of 2pm, month-to-date the Dow, S&P and NASDAQ were up 9.3%, 8.2% and 8.9%.
This would put them on track for the BEST JULY since:
- Dow - July 1939, when the Dow gained 9.67% (it gained 9.04% in 1989)
- S&P - July 1989, when the S&P gained 8.84% (it gained 11.23% in 1939)
- NASDAQ - July 1997, when the Nasdaq gained 10.52% (currently on track for 2nd best July ever)
This would put them on track for the BEST MONTH since:
- Dow - October 2002, when the Dow gained 10.60%
- S&P - April 2009, when the S&P gained 9.39%
- NASDAQ - April 2009, when the Nasdaq gained 12.34%
This has been an impressive 5-month run for the markets:
The Nasdaq Composite is set for its first 5-month winning streak in nearly six years, rising 45% during the period. It’s the best 5-month streak in over 10 years…the last one being in the final months of the dot com boom.
The S&P 500 is also set for its first 5-month winning streak in 2.5 years During this time, the S&P is up nearly 35%.
While the Dow ended slightly lower last month, it too has had an impressive run. It's up 4 of the last 5 months, gaining 30% in this period.
Comments? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org