Brings Live Market Data, Breaking News and the Best Business News Video from CNBC to iPhoneTM and iPod touch Users
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., October 19, 2009-CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced the launch of the CNBC Real-Time App on the App StoreSM. Users can now access live streaming, real-time stock quotes, before, during and after market hours, directly from both the NYSE and NASDAQ. Additionally, the app provides users with breaking news alerts and analysis as well as the ability to create and track their favorite company stocks live, in real-time, with Real-Time Interactive & Historical Charts. Users will also have access to top CNBC business videos, the latest CEO interviews and market updates via CNBC video on demand.
"To be successful in today's complex market, every investor needs to have financial market data in real-time. Having access to this information when you want it is no longer a luxury but a necessity," said Scott Drake, VP CNBC Digital. "We believe the unparalleled combination of real-time data, news and analysis along with the comprehensive and easy to use interfaces will make the CNBC Real-Time App the best business app available and it will quickly become a must-have for every investor with an iPhoneTM or iPod touch."
CNBC Real-Time App features include:
Live, Streaming Real-Time Stock Quotes and Charts
* CNBC Real-Time delivers real-time stock quotes before, during and after market hours (4am-8pm ET) directly from both the NYSE and NASDAQ.
* Real-Time Interactive & Historical Charts, offering custom timeframes from one day to 5 years, including pre & post market trading.
* Company specific news, videos, profiles, returns and key metrics.
CNBC's exclusive breaking business news and alerts
* Push notifications alert users to critical business news breaking around the world.
* Plus, all the stock market news, top stories, instant analysis and expert opinions on investing that only CNBC can provide - updated throughout the day.
Unique Stock Watchlists
* My Stocks - users can create and track their favorite company stocks live, in real-time, with access to integrated charts and related news headlines.
* Stocks on CNBC - access to the top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC.
Unparalleled Market Data
* Pre-Markets - 24-hours a day, live futures pricing with key pre-market indicators.
* Dow Impact - analyze the stocks that drive the movement of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
* Global Stock Indexes, Currencies, Commodities & Bonds with historical treasury yield curves.
Video - Over 150 New clips per day
* NBC's Global TV Networks broadcasting from three continents (U.S., Europe, Asia), delivering the latest video business news & analysis.
* CNBC interviews over 120 guests a day in the U.S., and more than 850 interviews around the world every week.
The CNBC Real-Time App is available for free from the App StoreSM on iPhoneTM and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/apps/CNBCReal-Time.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news, providing real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 340 million homes worldwide, including more than 95 million households in the United States and Canada. The network's Business Day programming (weekdays from 5:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and also includes reports from CNBC news bureaus worldwide. Additionally, CNBC viewers can manage their individual investment portfolios and gain additional in-depth information from on-air reports by accessing http://www.cnbc.com.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://nbcumv.com/cnbc/.