I've had many people ask me how many people will be watching the SEC championship game on Saturday, given the fact that it's No. 1 Florida vs. No. 2 Alabama for the right to play in the BCS national title game.
At the very least, it looks like CBS will at least get into the top 3 most-watched games since 1992, as last year's SEC championship game ranked at the No. 3 slot.
Here's a list, provided by the great folks at Nielsen, of the most-watched non-bowl college football games since 1992. Notice how the Florida-Alabama matchup already has three spots on this list.
1. Notre Dame-Florida State, 11/13/1993, 22 million viewers (NBC)
2. Michigan-Ohio State, 11/18/2006, 21 million viewers (ABC)
3. Alabama-Florida, 12/6/2008, 15 million viewers (CBS)
4. Florida-Florida State, 11/30/1996, 14.8 million viewers (ABC)
5. Notre Dame-USC, 11/25/2006, 14.6 million viewers (ABC)
6. Florida State-Florida/Ohio State-Michigan, 14.3 million (ABC)
7. Florida-Alabama, 12/3/1994, 14.2 million (ABC)
8. Various teams and times, 11/12/1994, 13.3 million (ABC)
9. Ohio State-Texas, 9/9/2006, 13.3 million (ABC)
10. Florida-Alabama, 12/5/1992, 13.1 million (ABC)
Questions? Comments? SportsBiz@cnbc.com