How did Warren Buffett's annual letter to shareholders get covered this year?
Like last year, there's no one 'consensus' headline, although Berkshire's strong 2009 performance (in contrast to 2008) and Buffett's comments on bargains, CEOs, and the residential housing market get some attention.
Here's a sampling from around the web:
- Associated Press: Paper Gains Drive Berkshire's Profit Skyward, Buffett: Execs Should Pay Price For Risky Bets
- Bloomberg: Buffett Says Housing Woes to Ease Next Year, Barring Explosions
- CNBC.com: Warren Buffett: "When It's Raining Gold, Reach For a Bucket"
- Financial Times (UK): Buffett Says Executives Who Manage Risk Badly Should Pay (Free registration may be required)
- Fortune (Carol Loomis): Berkshire Bounces Back
- KMTV, Omaha:Buffett Adds Piccolo's To His List Of Recommendations
- MarketWatch: Buffett Calls Out Financial Leaders
- New York Times: Buffett's Bargain Shopping Spree
- Omaha World-Herald: Let's Make Another Deal, Buffett: CEO's Title Includes Responsibility, Berkshire Live Chat: Replay (with reporter Steve Jordan)
- Reuters: Berkshire Net Rises, Buffett Sees Housing Rebound, Buffett: I Goofed on Geico Credit Card
- Wall Street Journal (Paid subscription required): Berkshire Improves but Economy Crimps Results