So you're a young, red-blooded heterosexual male on Wall Street who keeps striking out with the ladies. Pink dress shirts have failed to attract attention. That expensive, gold-plated iPad gets you nowhere.
You've been working too hard at this.
It turns out that many women like a guy who uses a tacky pick-up line. At least many British women do.
A "survey" done by UK online casino MrGreen.com claims that nearly 60 percent of women believe it takes a sense of humor and confidence for a guy to walk up to a woman and say, "Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?" I would add that it also takes about three or four beers. Four in ten women have dated a man who used a cheesy line, and one in ten ended up having a long-term relationship.
As for men, four in ten of those surveyed admit to using corny lines like, "Nice dress, it'd look good on my bedroom floor," to score a date. Really.
Finally, one in twenty women say they'd actually be MORE likely to go out with a man who goes for broke in an attempt to impress them. However, the women add that it helps if the man is rich and good-looking. There's a news flash for you.
According to the "research", here are the top 20 most commonly used cheesy pick up lines. Which is your most/least favorite? Tell me in the comments section below. In my opinion, #11 has the best chance of making me laugh, while #6 wouldn't work even if the guy was George Clooney. As if George Clooney needs a pick-up line.
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should I walk by again?
- Apart from being beautiful, what do you do for a living?
- Shall we talk or continue flirting from a distance?
- Nice dress, it'd look good on my bedroom floor
- I miss my teddy bear. Would you sleep with me?
- Do you have any Irish in you? (if no) Would you like some? (if yes) Want some more?
- Did it hurt when you fell out of heaven?
- Do you believe in helping the homeless? If yes, take me home with you.
- If I told you that you had a nice body, would you hold it against me?
- Do you mind if I stare at you up close instead of from across the room?
- Hi, I just wanted to give you the satisfaction of turning me down; go ahead say no.
- I seem to have lost my number, can I have yours instead?
- Is it hot in here or is it just you?
- I have had a really bad day and it always makes me feel better to see a pretty girl smile. So, would you smile for me?
- There must be something wrong with my eyes, I can't take them off you.
- Hi. I suffer from amnesia. Do I come here often?
- Is your father a thief? Because someone stole the stars from the sky and put them in your eyes
- I'm a frog but if you kiss me I'll turn into a prince
- Is there a rainbow? Because you're the treasure I've been searching for
- I hope you know CPR, because you take my breath away
Questions? Comments? Funny Stories? Email email@example.com