LONDON, 19 January 2011 - CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced its free CNBC Davos Pulse App is available on the App Store for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
The CNBC Davos Pulse App offers delegates at the World Economic Forum in Davos, a comprehensive listing of third-party events taking place around the Annual Meeting, including breakfast briefings, presentations and receptions, and where applicable, enables the user to directly request more information or to attend an event.
The app enables users to watch CNBC’s special video news update, follow a curated #WEF Twitter feed and read blogs by CNBC’s presenters and editorial team providing all behind-the-scenes coverage of what’s happening at the Annual Meeting.
The app also has a comprehensive restaurant and bar listing for Davos and Klosters, enabling users to easily identify meeting places, make reservations, view locations on maps and get directions.
Torsten de Riese, Digital Director EMEA at CNBC, said: “With CNBC already at the heart of the news coverage at Davos, we are now excited to bring delegates the only essential app needed to navigate and schedule their way around other business and social events at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting. With a vast amount of content available, users will be on top of all the news and key events happening in Davos this year.”
Features of the CNBC Davos Pulse App include:
- Listing of third-party events taking place around the Annual Meeting, such as breakfast briefings, presentations and receptions;
- Request invites to private events (selected functions only);
- Save your favourite events;
- Listing of main bars and restaurants in Davos and Klosters with descriptions, booking details, contact information, maps and directions;
- CNBC’s ‘Heard in Davos’ blog with behind the scenes coverage of the Annual Meeting;
- A curated #WEF Twitter feed with ability to share and retweet as well as video updates; Ability to share content with friends and colleagues via email and Twitter.
Aviva, the world’s sixth-largest insurance group, is the exclusive sponsor of the CNBC Davos Pulse App.
The CNBC Davos Pulse App is available for free from the App Store on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.
Last month CNBC launched the CNBC Real-Time iPad App. In October 2009 CNBC introduced the highly successful CNBC Real-Time App for the iPhone. Since launch, the CNBC Real-Time App has been downloaded close to one million times and ranked fourth on PC Magazine’s “The Top 40 Free iPhone Apps 2010” list.
- ENDS -