Here's another thing the best of the best are best at - they're great at knowing how tell a good story. Whether it's to rally the troops before heading off to battle or to unite a divided corporate board the true giants have a way with words.
In his new book,“The Power of Storytelling: Captivate, Convince or Convert Any Business Audience Using Stories from Top CEOs" Jim Holtje shares the stories of those corporate legends who inspired their employees with their deeds and with their tales.
A public relations and corporate communications veteran with twenty years of experience, Holtje put together a collection of the best stories of business leaders in hopes that anyone can learn how to communicate better.
Among those featured are Apple's Steve Jobs, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Meg Whitman formerly of eBay and more including:
- Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com
- Sergey Brin, co-founder of Google
- Ted Turner, founder of CNN
- Cathie Black, former President, Hearst Magazines
- Sam Walton, former CEO of Wal-Mart
- Jack Welch, former CEO of General Electric
- Donald Trump, CEO of the Trump Organization
- Michael Eisner, former CEO of Disney
- Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
The book offers great advice and lessons learned from industry "A-listers." Holtje explains more in this guest author blog.
GUEST AUTHOR BLOG by Jim Holtje author of “The Power of Storytelling: Captivate, Convince or Convert Any Business Audience Using Stories from Top CEOs.”