ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. – January 12, 2012 – , the online destination for global business news and expert analysis, had its best December ever in terms of page views. According to the latest data from comScore Media Metrix, the site was visited by 5.7 million unique users last month and achieved a record 304 MM page views, an 11% increase year-over-year. December marks the end of a record quarter for . The site saw a 9% increase in uniques and a 26% increase in page views - both compared to the same period last year (4Q’11 v 4Q’10).
CNBC Mobile, which includes CNBC Mobile Web, CNBC’s Real-Time iPhone App, CNBC’s Real-Time iPad App and CNBC’s Real-Time Android App, wrapped up both a record month and year and, over the past 12 months, cumulatively served 1.8 billion page views. CNBC’s Real-Time iPhone App posted 70 MM page views, representing a 72% increase year-over-year, and, in terms of unique visitors, saw a 19% increase compared to the same time period as last year (Source: Omniture). The CNBC Real Time iPad App crossed the one million download mark last month and had its best month ever in terms of uniques, a 35% increase year-over-year (Source: Rentrak & Omniture). CNBC Mobile Webrecorded 68 MM page views, representing a 12% increase year-over-year (Source: Omniture). CNBC’s Real-Time Android App saw a 14% increase in uniques and an 11% increase in page views year-over-year (Source: Omniture).
Additional December 2011 highlights include:
- is the #1 stand alone financial news site by total page views.*
- is the #1 business news website in minutes per visitor with users spending an average of 100 minutes on the site in December (comScore Media Metrix’s Business/Finance - News/Research category).
- is the #1 website in pages per visitor, with an average of 54 pages per visitor consumed, more than any other site in the category (comScore Media Metrix’s Business/Finance - News/Research category among sites with > 1MM visitors).
- is the #1 financial news site in minutes per visit. Last month, users spent an average of close to 16 minutes per visit (comScore Media Metrix’s Business/Finance - News/Research category among sites with > 1MM visitors).
- has the highest share of total time spent in the category among stand alone sites. usage makes up 20% of all time spent on business/finance sites among all users of the category (comScore Media Metrix).
*Source: comScore Media Metrix, December 2011, Business/Finance - News/Research category. "Stand alone" excludes portal-affiliated websites.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD+, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news providing real-time data, analysis and information to more than 390 million homes worldwide. The network's 16 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m.) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC.com and CNBC Mobile Web (mobile.cnbc.com) offer real-time stock quotes, charts, analysis and both on-demand and live streaming video.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBC Universal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/cnbc/