Longing for hotel elite status? Visa has partnered up with Hyatt Hotels and Resorts to offer its Signature cardholders a taste of the upgraded amenities Platinum members receive in the hotel chain's Gold Passport program.
The promotion gives you 90 days of Platinum status from the time you verify your Visa Signature card on a dedicated website. The offer runs through May 11, 2012. If you have a summer vacation or other travels planned and currently don't have status with Hyatt , this would be an easy and "free" way to get some extra perks when staying with the hotel chain.
Hyatt's Platinum level is their first tier of elite status normally bestowed to guests after 5 stays or 15 nights in a calendar year. While suite upgrades are out of the question, the other benefits are certainly worthwhile to participate in this temporary promotion. They include:
- A dedicated check-in area for elites.
- Preferred rooms on higher floors based on availability.
- Confirmed bed type at check-in.
- Complimentary in-room internet access.
- Late check out requests through 2:00 p.m.
- A 72-hour room reservation guarantee.
- Access to Platinum reservations and customer service.
Plan ahead if you decide to activate this offer as the 90-day clock starts as soon as you verify your card. If you have a trip planned for late July or early August, hold off a bit before registering.