Our top picks of timely offers from our partnersMore details
The limited-time offers mentioned below have expired.
Travelers who prefer to stay at Hyatt properties, such as the Park Hyatt and Hyatt Regency, may have had to cancel or limit new hotel stays amid the coronavirus pandemic. As a result, consumers may find it difficult to reach or maintain World of Hyatt loyalty status and benefits, but there's some good news.
Starting today, April 15, Hyatt and Chase are providing World of Hyatt Credit Card and Hyatt Credit Card members with additional ways to boost their loyalty status through limited-time offers that let them earn tier-qualifying nights.
Typically, World of Hyatt loyalty members would need to complete a stay at a Hyatt property in order to earn a tier-qualifying night, but World of Hyatt Credit Card and Hyatt Credit Card members can bypass that requirement with these promotions (more on that below).
A tier-qualifying night is any night when you stay at a Hyatt hotel, Hyatt resort or an M life Rewards destination, pay an eligible rate or redeem a free night award and use your World of Hyatt membership number with the reservation.
In addition to this limited-time offer, Hyatt is extending World of Hyatt status and benefits for all members globally through February 2022 and extending certain free night awards to December 31, 2021, according to a Hyatt spokesperson.
Below, CNBC Select breaks down the new promotions for existing, new and legacy World of Hyatt card members and Hyatt card members.
Hyatt and Chase are running promotions for both existing, new and legacy Hyatt cardholders, depending on the card you have and when you opened an account. Here's a breakdown of who's considered existing, new and legacy:
- Existing card members are people who were approved for a World of Hyatt Credit Card prior to April 15, 2020
- New card members are people who apply for a World of Hyatt Credit Card after April 15, 2020
- Legacy card members are people who have a Hyatt Credit Card, which is no longer open to new applicants
Once you know which card member you are, you can review the promotions:
- Existing World of Hyatt Credit Card members: Earn three tier-qualifying night credits toward the next tier status for every $5,000 spent on your card. That includes the two qualifying night credits you already earn, plus one bonus night credit. Valid April 15 through June 30, 2020.
- New World of Hyatt Credit Card members: Automatically receive a total of 10 tier-qualifying night credits upon account approval. That's double the five tier-qualifying night credits new card members already receive. Valid when you apply April 15 through June 30, 2020.
- Legacy Hyatt Credit Card members: Earn two tier-qualifying night credits toward the next tier status for every $5,000 spent on your card. Valid April 15 through June 30, 2020.
By far, the best offer is for new World of Hyatt Credit Card members since there is no spending requirement and you receive double the amount of tier-qualifying nights, which can help you boost loyalty status in the World of Hyatt program. However, the promotion for existing World of Hyatt Credit Card members is still good since you receive a bonus tier-qualifying night with no added spending requirements.
As for legacy Hyatt Credit Card members, this new promotion offers an additional way to boost loyalty status in the World of Hyatt program. Until now, legacy members needed to spend $50,000 on their Hyatt Credit Card each calendar year to receive Explorist status, but now until June 30, 2020, they can also earn two tier-qualifying night credits for every $5,000 spent on their card.
- No credit score? No problem. You may be able to score a new credit card with just a bank accountElizabeth Gravier
- Gas prices hit record high due to pipeline shutdown—use these credit cards at the pump to help saveElizabeth Gravier
- How to get a DoorDash DashPass membership for free with your Chase credit cardElizabeth Gravier