Universal Orlando® Youth Programs: Business Learning Center
Presented by CNBC's The Profit
Learn the basics of business from the best with Universal Orlando® Resort Youth Programs Business Learning Series Presented by CNBC’s The Profit. Teachers and students register today for an educational and unique experience for your classrooms at Universal Orlando Resort. The business learning series is comprised of 3 content-rich modules designed around Mr. Lemonis's business principles and written in collaboration with Columbia College.
Each module within the series can stand alone as a singular experience or groups may participate in the entire series during a multi-day visit to our parks and resort, or over an extended period of time.
All Modules Contain the Following:
1. Introductions to the lesson via video by Marcus Lemonis, as well as assessments, lesson plans and activities that are completed in the classroom with the teacher prior to visiting Universal Orlando.
2. An onsite, in-park classroom component that builds upon the pre-visit lessons and activities done in the classroom with the teacher.
3. Project-based, collaborative research that is conducted in designated areas of the theme park by the students.
4. Opportunity for formative assessment by the teachers as students present the results of their research to the class.
5. Post-visit lesson and activity recommendations that support the opportunity for summative assessment and allow students to put what they have learned into action.
A Brief Description of the Modules:
1. Career Selection and Preparation:
• Before students can really focus on a career, they must first discover their natural strengths. This module provides self-assessment tools to define several areas of interest for students, then covers the entire process from application to interview and personal brand to work values.
2. Leadership Skills and Personal Development
• Leaders have the ability to influence others within an organization. In this experience, students are asked to take a good look at their own spheres of influence and assess the impact they have the potential to make on others. They are provided tools they can use to positively influence their school or work environment and improve their personal people skills.
3. Business Development: People, Process, Product
• The 3 Ps are not only important for entrepreneurs, they are the foundation for any successful business. This module introduces these principles and builds upon them to teach students about the internal and external factors that affect businesses and how preparation for changes to these environments are imperative to the future of the company.
The Business Learning Series is designed for students from 8th grade to college.
To qualify for participation in the Business Learning Series, groups must be comprised of youth up to age 21 with appropriate chaperones. Youth groups may qualify for a park ticket at a reduced rate. Tickets to the park and applicable program fees are required for all participating groups.
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2015 Universal Studios. © 2015 Universal Orlando. All rights reserved.