A platform for lenders and borrowers offering competitive interest rates and returns on debt investments as an alternative to traditional banks.
Traditional loan servicing from banks and loan investment managers.
Headquarters: San Francisco
CEO: Renaud Laplanche
Year Founded: 2007
Number of Employees: 200
Funding: $102.8 million
Key Investors: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Union Square Ventures, Canaan Partners, Norwest Venture Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures, Thomvest Ventures, Google, Foundation Capital and John Mack
- Revenue increased more than 5 times from 2010 to 2012, reaching $34 million
- $90 million revenue target for 2013
- Reached profitability in first quarter of 2013
- Loans funded to date: $1,744,318,450
- Loans funded last month: $140,125,775
- Interest paid to investors since inception: $150,897,461
- Just completed a $125 million secondary equity sale to Google and Foundation Capital
"Disruption is about upending the status quo to deliver a profoundly better solution."