If you can move somewhat swiftly, Jim Cramer thinks 4 stocks present opportunity right here, right now. "My four horsemen of Pharma are not only coming back, they are flying," said the "Mad Money" host. They are Biogen Idec, Celgene, Gilead and Regeneron.
Despite recent pullbacks, Cramer thinks there are some big tailwinds blowing that could drive these high fliers even further.
1. All four companies have had positive developments involving new and promising drugs with a spate of new approvals coming from overseas
- Biogen: "Biogen Idec has just gotten a nod from a European committee for its novel Tecfidera pill to combat multiple sclerosis," Cramer explained.
- Gilead: "Gilead recently received approval from a key European medical agency that supports its marketing of a pill for chronic hepatitis C, a hugely problematic chronic disease," Cramer said
- Celgene: "Celgene just got a European panel approval for the sale of a drug called Abraxane to be used to combat pancreatic cancer," noted Cramer. "There had been plenty of skeptics about Abraxane. Now the skeptics are being proven wrong."
- Regeneron: "Regeneron just got approval to market Eylea for macular edema in Japan," Cramer said. "Also Regeneron has a new anti-cholesterol drug that can be used for all who can't tolerate traditional statin treatment."