GO
Loading...

Sports Phrases That SHOULD Be Trademarked

Last week, Deadspin brilliantly broke the news that former Arizona Cardinals coach Dennis Green had trademarked his famous "They Are Who We Thought They Were." He needs to protect it. There's already 71 products available and he's not making money off of it.

So that got us thinking that some current and former coaches should hire some lawyers and trademark their best rants.

Mike Gundy Oklahoma State Football coach:
"Come after me, I'm a man, I'm 40."
This is perfect on items, including greeting cards, for a newly turned 40-year-old who wants to prove he's not too old to beat someone up.

Jim Mora Indianapolis Colts coach:
"We couldn't do diddly-po."
His playoffs line might be a classic, but this has more uses.

Herm Edwards Former New York Jets coach:
"You play to win the game."
This has to be the next motto for some state lottery.

Bobby Knight Former Indiana Hoosiers Basketball coach:
"When my time on earth is gone and my activities here are past, i want them bury me upside down and my critics can kiss my a**."
So classic, so clever.

Lee Elia Former Chicago Cubs manager:
"85 percent of the f@#*ing world is working, the other 15 percent come out here."
There's a big business in Chicago White Sox hating Chicago Cubs gear and this is perfect.

Questions? Comments? SportsBiz@cnbc.com