The Discover Card’s Third Annual Valentine’s Day Shopping Survey Reveals the Way to Someone’s Heart is Through Their Stomach.*
- Men’s Feedback:
- 74% of men said they plan to buy their valentine’s a special dinner; 69% will buy flowers; and 49% candy or chocolate
- 57% of women in the survey expect to receive a special dinner; 48% expect flowers; and 33% would like to receive chocolates
- Women’s Feedback:
- 62% plan to buy a special dinner; 44% plan to buy music, books, DVDs or games; 42% will purchase chocolate or candy
- 56% of male respondents expect a special dinner, followed by a night on town (34%); while 33% expect a getaway
*73% of the respondents are satisfied with the gift they receive
Based on these survey results, here are some companies that may share the love this Valentine’s Day.
- Hershey sells its famous Kisses which are a Valentine’s classic (read more on HSY here)
- Cadbury Schweppes is the world’s largest confectioner by sales
- Godiva was sold to Yildiz Holdings for $850M in Dec.
- Mars, Inc. the makers of M&M’s is privately held
- Nestle SA is the world’s biggest food company
- FTD Group
Continued in Valentine's Companies Part II