First Anniversary of the Subprime Meltdown
Today is the one year anniversary of HSBC's first subprime meltdown related write-down. HSBC was amongst the first to actually increase write offs due to the subprime mess.
HSBC is down over 22% since Feb 8, 2007.
Here are some 1 year stats since Feb 8 2007:
Top 5 Biggest S&P % Gainers since Feb 8, 2007:
- CNX - CONSOL Energy Inc up 118.6 %
- NOV - National Oilwell Varco Inc up 100.8%
- AMZN - Amazon.com Inc up 92.4%
- MON - Monsanto Co up 86.8%
- ESRX - Express Scripts Inc up 79.3%
Top 5 Biggest S&P % Losers since Feb 8, 2007:
- ABK - Ambac Financial Group Inc down -87.4%
- CFC - Countrywide Financial Corp down -83.7%
- MBI - MBIA Inc down -80.5%
- ETFC - ETrade Financial Corp down -79.8%
- CC - Circuit City Stores Inc down -74.3%