Mommy, what's a Ponzi scheme?
Mommy: Well, Jimmy, let's say you have two friends and they each had $50. And each of them had two friends and they each had $50.
Jimmy: Mommy, I don't have any money.
Mommy: OK, well, um ... Let's say you have two friends and they each have two cookies ...
And then the Cookie Monster comes along and ...
Cookie Monster: COOKIE MONSTER LOOOOOOOOOOVE COOKIES!
A nom nom nom nom ...
In this dramatic re-enactment, Jimmy Kimmel recruits Ernie and the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street to help explain the Madoff Scandalin a recent sketch (see video below).
Tune in next week, when Ernie and Cookie Monster try to explain the AIG mess.
Mommy, where do bonuses come from?
More From CNBC.com:
- Five Signs We’ve Hit Bottom: From Bernie to Britney
- Madoff Behind Bars: The Insider's Guide
- Madoff's Homes, Cars, Furniture Sought By Government
- Three Hots and a Cot: Madoff’s New Meal Plan
- Funny Business: Silence of the Scams
Questions? Comments? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org.