All major US indices finished in the black for the week, marking three weeks of consecutive gains, as improving economic data released this week boosted investors hopes of a recovery.
- The NASDAQ composite continues to lead the way among the major indices, advancing 10.08% in the past three weeks
- The S&P 500 and Dow are up 6.48% and 5.98% respectively during the same period
- The NASDAQ Composite is up 45.78% from its March lows, followed by the S&P 500, up 38.96%, and the Dow with a gain of 33.85%
- Year-to-date, the Dow's top performer include: American Express (AXP), Industrial Business Machines (IBM), and Boeing (BA).
- Sun Microsystems (JAVA), Baidu (BIDU), and Research in Motion (RIMM) are leading the NASDAQ 100 to the upside in 2009