Based on the economic recovery, Fritz Meyer, independent economist, said stocks are likely to rally another 10 to 15 percent this year.
“I like agriculture and energy, but I don’t think inflation is going to be a huge problem in the U.S.,” Meyer told CNBC.
Meyer advised investors to take advantage of dividend-paying stocks and also suggested the following ETFs.
Meyer’s ETF Picks:
SPDR S&P Dividend ,
SPDR Barclays Capital Conv Bond and
SPDR S&P Homebldrs .
Counterpoint: Inflation Is Ahead
In the meantime, Oliver Pursche, president of Gary Goldberg Financial Services, said investors should prepare for an inflationary environment going forward and expects agriculture, base metals and energy to rally.
Pursche’s ETF Picks:
Rydex S&P Equal Weight
iShares Russell 2000
PowerShares DB Agriculture
Scorecard—What They Said:
- Pursche's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Mar. 2, 2011)
- Meyer's Previous Appearance on CNBC (Aug. 30, 2011)
More Market Intelligence:
- 7 Best Value Picks for Investors: Pros
- Will Japan Dump US Bonds For Disaster Costs?
- Don't Try to Trade on Japan Disaster: Strategist
CNBC Data Pages:
No immediate information was available for Meyer or Purshe.