As for my predictions from 2011, give me a B-.
1. If the NBA or NFL have lockouts they will be very short.
Although both went a long time, my prediction really was based on missed season time. I said the NFL would start by late September and the NBA late November. It happened sooner in the NFL and a month later in the NBA (Dec. 25 start).
2. 3D TV still won't make a dent.
It generated absolutely no traction.
3. Lack of Tiger victories will slow PGA tour TV negotiations.
Tiger didn't win in 2011, but the PGA Tour still signed its future television contracts. Although they won't say it publicly, TV networks definitely bid less.
4. The next great job in sports is social-media coordinator.
I still believe this, but surprisingly little happened.
5. Improving the TV experience in stands is essential.
While leagues and teams seemed to recognize this failing, I didn't notice marked improvement.