The 12 Days Of Horrible Christmas Songs
#10: Cyndi Lauper's "Christmas Conga" with Star Wars Galaxies dancers. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Wrong here. Wrong in a galaxy far, far away. Where's the Death Star when you need it?
#9: :"Last Christmas" by Wham!This one makes the list because it exemplifies everything wrong with the '80s:
- The song, like many songs of that era, is made up of only one line repeated 500 times.
- I can't tell who's wearing more makeup, the men or the women.
- I can still smell the perm chemicals in everyone's hair.
- I got dizzy from severe shoulder pad flashbacks.
- Thank goodness George Michael doesn't have to pretend anymore.
#8: "Please Daddy, Don't Get Drunk This Christmas" by...John Denver. #Ironic.
THE BARENAKED LADIES GET "ELFED"
#7: "Elf's Lament" by Barenaked Ladies with help from Michael Buble.
Here's the song without Buble, but it's still not working for me. "A full indentured servitude can reflect on one's attitude, but that silly red hat just makes the fat man look outrageous," go the overly complex lyrics. "Absurd though it may seem, you know, I've heard there's even been illegal doping, and though we're coping, I just hope it's not contagious." What the...? The refrain whines, "Naughty or nice, but consider the price to an elf." Hey, guys, ELVES AREN'T REAL.