Take control of your memories …with the help of a professional

The Pitch: A start-up to manage memories
The Pitch: A start-up to manage memories   

Each week on CNBC's "Pitch" series, an entrepreneur gets an opportunity to blind pitch his or her company to a secret investor. The investor doesn't know anything about the business being pitched, so it's the entrepreneur's one shot to sell it.

In the age of the selfie, we are taking photos in record-breaking numbers and sharing them on multiple digital platforms. It's no wonder we can't keep track of them all.

Yarly founder Allison Strouse has a unique solution. Yarly is a photo-management platform connecting users with certified local photo professionals. The start-up aims to help its users turn their overwhelming photo collections into tangible memories. Services include photo digitization, organization, retouching and bookmaking.

The Yarly software allows users to sync photo collections across all of their devices and store thousands of photos on the Yarly platform.

Strouse was given 30 seconds to blind pitch her company to Shark Tank's "Mr. Wonderful," millionaire investor Kevin O'Leary. After hearing the pitch, O'Leary questioned Yarly's ability to on-board consumers.

Read MoreHelp wanted: Virtual assistants for hire

"There are 70,000 professional scrapbookers around the country who are currently acquiring professional photographers, family archivists. We've seen tremendous demand for starting these businesses," Strouse explained.

Yarly photo scanning and sharing service.
Source: Yarly | Facebook
Yarly photo scanning and sharing service.

"We acquire customers through our Yarly reps, that's one of the best things about how we work," she said. "We don't have to advertise directly to the consumer. Our reps advertise to their local community, which is much more effective."

Yarly representatives take home a 40 percent cut for their services, the start-up retains the remaining 60 percent of the service fee.

Read MoreBooze in an hour? The miracles of technology

With 14 beta reps out in the field, Strouse reported sales of $35,000 over their initial eight-month period.

O'Leary was skeptical about Yarly's business model.

"I think this is gonna be very challenging," he said. "I really do. Because there's so much competition online already. There's a bit of a twist with someone being able to curate it … you're gonna have to find the right quality of rep in every city."

Launched in October 2013, Strouse and her team have invested $75,000 into Yarly. The start-up is currently fundraising to fuel national expansion.

The start-up is headquartered in New York City, with local Yarly representatives stationed in Indiana, Missouri, Oregon and Virginia.