$1.2 Billion Scam: Ft. Frauderdale
- The Lawyer
- Scott Rothstein opens a Ft. Lauderdale law firm. He's determined to make it the biggest and best. But Rothstein needs capital and cash to feed his appetite. How will he become an overnight success?
- The Con
- He develops a scam. Rothstein sells fake legal settlements to wealthy investors. The scheme attracts hundreds of investors who pay millions for settlements that don't exist. Rothstein promises a return of 15% or more. It all sounds too good to be true... and it is.
- The Celebrity
- In the world of the super rich, attorney Scott Rothstein is trying to outspend them all. He becomes a local celebrity. He's go-to-guy for politicians in need of money and the source of enormous donations for local charities.
- The Lifestyle
- Rothstein showcases his wealth. He drives a fleet of luxury cars…a Mazeratti, Ferrari and a Bugatti. There's a yacht named for his wife, the "Princess Kimberly." He lives in an opulent house where even the toilets are made of gold.
- Rothstein spends money like it will never run out…but when it does, the devastating truth is revealed.