There are a lot of benefits to reading. Science shows that the habit can make you smarter, more emotionally intelligent and even increase your odds of getting rich.
If that didn't convince you to swap Netflix for a paperback, do it because it's World Book Day.
For inspiration, CNBC rounded up Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and five other self-made billionaires' favorites, from business books to novels.
Elon Musk, CEO of SpaceX and Tesla
- "Structures" by J.E. Gordon
- "Benjamin Franklin: An American Life" by Walter Isaacson
- "Einstein: His Life and Universe" by Walter Isaacson
- "Superintelligence" by Nick Bostrom
- "Merchants of Doubt" by Erik M. Conway and Naomi Oreskes
- "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding
- "Zero to One" by Peter Thiel
- The "Foundation" trilogy by Isaac Asimov
Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway
Read more about Buffett's favorites and .
Jeff Bezos, founder and CEO of Amazon
- "The Remains of the Day" by Kazuo Ishiguro
- "Built to Last" by Jim Collins
- "Creation" by Steve Grand
- "Good to Great" by Jim Collins
- "The Innovator's Dilemma" by Clayton Christensen
- "Sam Walton: Made in America" by Sam Walton
- "Lean Thinking" by James Womanck and Daniel Jones
- "Memos from the Chairman" by Alan Greenberg
- "The Mythical Man-Month" by Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.
- "The Goal" by Eliyahu Goldratt
- "Data-Driven Marketing" by Mark Jeffery
- "The Black Swan" by Nassim Taleb
Mark Cuban, "Shark Tank" investor and owner of the Dallas Mavericks
Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft
- "Business Adventures" by John Brooks
- "The Rosie Project" by Graeme Simsion
- "String Theory" by David Foster Wallace
- "Shoe Dog" by Phil Knight
- "The Gene" by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- "The Myth of the Strong Leader" by Archie Brown
- "The Grid" by Gretchen Bakke
Read more about Gates' , and his all-time favorites, and .
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter and Square
Richard Branson, founder of The Virgin Group
- "Winners" by Alastair Campbell
- "If I Could Tell You Just One Thing" by Richard Reed
- "Black Box Thinking" by Matthew Syed
- "Travels with Charley" by John Steinbeck