GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Asian shares rose on Tuesday but were capped by concernsover global growth prospects, especially in the world'ssecond-biggest economy China, and expected weak U.S. corporateearnings.
* The euro was on the back foot on Tuesday as uncertaintyabout Spain persisted after euro zone ministers said the countrydid not need a bailout yet, dashing hopes they might inch closerto an aid deal.
* Oil prices eased on Monday in choppy trading on concernsslower economic growth in China and the debt crisis in Europewill curb demand for petroleum, while the potential for theMiddle East turmoil to disrupt supplies limited losses.
LOCAL MARKETS CLOSE ON OCT. 8
* BSE index
18,708.98 points (-1.21 pct)
* NSE index
5,676.00 points (-1.23 pct)
52.64/65 per dollar (51.85/86)
* 10-year bond yield8.15 pct (8.16 pct)* 5-year OIS rate6.97 pct (7.00 pct)* 1-year OIS rate7.58 pct (7.60 pct)* Call money
8.05/8.10 pct (7.10/7.20 pct)
* China's economic growth is expected to weaken to 7.8percent this year, the International Monetary Fund said onTuesday as it warned of risks to emerging Asia if the euro zonecrisis worsens and the United States does not avoid its "fiscalcliff".
* India's factory output likely grew a modest 1.1 percentannually in August after barely growing at all in July,indicating weak domestic and global demand, a Reuters pollshowed.
* Indian state-fuel retailers will marginally cut gasolineprices from Tuesday, reflecting a strengthening rupee, thecountry's largest fuel retailer Indian Oil Corp
said onMonday.KEY EVENTS TO WATCH
* U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, Fed Chairman BenBernanke on two-day visit to India.
* Banking technology summit in Mumbai starting 0430 GMT.
MAJOR DEALS/EXTERNAL COMMERCIAL BORROWINGS
* National carrier Air India has once again postponed thedeadline for bid submissions for its proposed jumbo 74 billionrupees ($1.3bn) 19-year bond sale to Oct. 12. The company ishoping to get an unconditional guarantee soon. (IFR)
* Indian Oil Corp and Power Grid Corp of India met arrangersto finalise plans for new sales. While IOC is said to be lookingto tap the short-tenor segment of below three years, PGCIL mayopt for a a tenor over five years. (IFR)
* Power Finance Corp, meanwhile, has raised the allocationby another 150 million rupees per arranger for its dual tranchesale, which was priced last week. Nineteen arrangers bid for thesale, totalling 31.35 billion rupees, bankers said. The two- andfive-year bonds pay coupons of 8.85 percent and 8.91 percent,respectively. The issue settled between Oct. 4 to 8. (IFR)
USD/INR NDFs (NY closing prices)
* For up-to-date prices, double click
Close Open High Low Volume52.68-73 52.60 52.87 52.65 Moderate
FII INVESTMENTS-EQUITIES (Net dollars)
Oct. 8* $107.19 mln#Month-to-date** $645.07 mlnYear-to-date** $16.50 bln
* Provisional NSE data
** Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Oct. 5 on SEBIwebsite.
#(As per Reuters conversion, $1 = 52.6 rupees)
FII INVESTMENTS-DEBT (Net Dollars)
*DebtOct. 4 $70.15 mlnMonth-to-date $263.26 mlnYear-to-date $5.06 bln
* Source: Data as per custodial filing as on Oct. 5 on SEBIwebsite.
GOVERNMENT SECURITIES TRADING (Net buy/sell, in rupees)
Oct. 8Foreign Banks 8.61 blnPublic Sector Banks -19.09 blnPrivate Sector Banks 2.25 blnMutual Funds -0.20 blnOthers -2.76 blnPrimary Dealers 11.18 bln
Source: Clearing Corp of India Ltd
WEEKLY GOVERNMENT BOND AUCTIONS (In rupees)MATURITIES DATE AMOUNTTbills Oct. 10 100 blnBonds Oct. 12 130 blnINFLOWSSDL 07.77%, 2019 Interest Oct 09 349.65(2 States)SDL 08.31%, 2017 Interest Oct 09 300.12(MAHARASHTRA)SDL 08.32%, 2017 Interest Oct 09 811.20(2 States)SDL 08.40%, 2017 Interest Oct 09 840.00(WEST BENGAL)6.30% 2023 Interest Oct 09 4095.00SDL 09.17%, 2022 Interest Oct 11 618.98(2 States)S09.20%, 2022 Interest Oct 11 690.00(ANDHRA PRADESH)7.83% 2018 Interest Oct 11 25056.007.80% 2021 Interest Oct 11 26520.00For detailed table, see:LIQUIDITY, as of Oct. 8
* The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) on Monday accepted all 25bids for 611.80 billion rupees ($11.7 billion) at its one-dayrepo auction, through which it injects liquidity into thebanking system. It said it did not get any bids at its reverserepo auction, through which it absorbs excess liquidity from thebanking system.
* Indian banks' refinancing with RBI falls to 38.84 billionrupees.
* Indian banks' cash balances with RBI steady at 3.24trillion rupees.
(Compiled by Swati Bhat)
Keywords: MARKETS INDIA FX DEBT/PREOPENER