ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS AND LONDON, 25 November 2013 – CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced that it has launched its newly improved Android phone app. CNBC's updated app for smartphones delivers real-time, streaming stock market quotes throughout the day with options for both pre-market and after-hours trading data. Additionally, users can receive breaking news alerts so they can stay on top of the market no matter where they are and have the ability to watch on demand more than 150 top CNBC business video clips added daily from around the globe.
"Our goal is to provide our users with all of the real-time data, news and analysis they need on whatever platform they choose," said Scott Boyarsky, Senior Vice President of Technology, CNBC. "Today's announcement is an important step for us since now our Android phone app users from around the globe can get the information they need in a rich, high-quality experience they deserve."
"Our new Android app has been completely redesigned and includes all of our global content in an integrated international edition," said Deepanshu Bagchee, Head of Digital for International at CNBC. "The app now gives users the power of CNBC, with news and analysis from around the world, right on your Android device."
The updated CNBC Android phoneapp features include:
New Homepage & Navigation
• Users can select either the U.S. or International edition to access CNBC.com content, including the latest slideshows and special reports.
• Ability to add Favorite news sections to the navigation for fast access.
Live, Streaming Real-Time StockQuotes and Charts
• A My Stocks personalization tool that allows users to create and track their favorite company stocks in real-time with access to charts and business news headlines.
• Real-time stock market data direct from the NYSE, NYSE ARCA, NASDAQ, London Stock Exchange (U.K.) and Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Germany)
• Plus extended hours and pre-markets coverage of the NYSE, NYSE ARCA, and NASDAQ
• Global Stock Indexes, Currencies, Commodities & Bonds with historical treasury yield curves
• Real-Time Interactive & Historical Charts, offering custom timeframes from one day to five years, including pre & post market trading
• Access top stocks of the day being followed and discussed on CNBC as well as company specific news, videos clips, profiles, returns and key metrics.
• Market data from XETRA (Germany); Euronext Paris (France); Euronext Amsterdam (Netherlands); Euronext Lisbon (Portugal); Euronext Brussels (Belgium); Singapore Exchange (Singapore) and Hong Kong Stock Exchange (Hong Kong)*.
CNBC's exclusive breaking business news and alerts
• Push notifications alert users to critical business news breaking around the world
• Plus, all the stock market news, top stories, instant analysis and expert opinions on investing that only CNBC can provide - updated throughout the day.
• More than 150 on demand video clips are added daily from CNBC's global television networks which broadcast from three continents (U.S., Europe, Asia) and deliver the latest video business news & analysis.
The redesigned CNBC Android Appis available for free at GooglePlay.
*Data from these markets is notreal-time.
- ends -