Watch out SUV makers, super luxury carmaker Rolls-Royce is "intensely" looking into expanding its line up to include SUVs, according to CEO Torsten Muller-Otvos.
"The [sports-utility vehicle] segment...is very interesting. The question is how a Rolls Royce would look if we would enter the segment. That is something [we're looking] into quite intense[ly] I must say. We [have] started drawings," Muller-Otvos told CNBC on Wednesday.
(Read more: The road ahead: Luxury booms and incentives soar)
The move would enable Rolls Royce to compete with rivals such as Bentley, which is set to make its first foray into the lucrative auto segment in 2016. However, the challenge is that as a brand, Rolls Royce stands for neither "sport" nor "utility", Muller-Otvos said.
In spite of its absence from the booming SUV segment, Rolls Royce reported its fourth year of record sales in 2013. The carmaker delivered 3,630 cars globally last year - a 1.5 percent increase from the previous year.
The strongest sales were seen in the Middle East, which posted a 17 percent increase, and China, where sales climbed 11 percent.
(Read more: Hot battle among automakers: Luxury under $50K)
Responding to Bentley's recent sales success – 2013 sales were up 19 percent on year - Muller-Otvos said "We're operating in a different segment. Bentley is more the mass luxury segment, we're in the high-end luxury segment."
"The high-end luxury starts far over 200,000 euros and here we are by far the leading company," he said, far above the $140,000 - $160,000 price tag suggested for Bentley's SUV when it debuts in 2016.
Discussing Rolls Royce's outlook, Muller-Otvos said the company's booming growth in China – the world's largest car market – is set to slow, while demand in Europe is likely to take around five more years to recover.
(Read more: Rolls-Royce confirms formal bribery investigation)
"The China market was explosive in 2010-2011, now the market is maturing more and more," Muller-Otvos said.
—By CNBC's Ansuya Harjani. Follow her on Twitter:@Ansuya_H