The central bank is not normally in the business of easing into an economy that is showing few signs of a recession, generally holding fire until more pronounced signs of a...The Fedread more
His case for gold comes as central banks get more aggressive with policies that devalue currencies and are about to cause a "paradigm shift" in investing.Marketsread more
CSX said it expects revenue to fall as much as 2% in 2019, well below a previous forecast of an increase of 1% to 2%.Marketsread more
Challenging conditions in the U.S. housing market, along with tighter currency controls by the Chinese government, cause a stunning drop in foreign demand for American homes.Real Estateread more
The growth in net interest income, a main engine of banking profit, looks to slow to a halt in the back half of this year, Bank of America CFO Paul Donofrio says.Banksread more
These are the stocks posting the largest moves midday.Market Insiderread more
Here's how Amazon sells ads, and why it has a natural edge over Google and Facebook in some areas.Technologyread more
Netflix, which reports earnings Wednesday afternoon, is losing licensed shows to rivals launching their own streaming services.Technologyread more
Federal Judge William Pauley wrote in a court filing made public Wednesday that materials related to Cohen's campaign-finance probe should be unsealed — and denied a request...Politicsread more
The "'Cadillac tax," set to go into effect in 2022, is unpopular with both Republicans and Democrats, who say it punishes the middle class.Health and Scienceread more
Facebook's head of Calibra David Marcus is grilled during a House Financial Services Committee hearing over the company's digital currency plans.Technologyread more
Strategists see dollar bull continuing, but math suggests they could be wrong.
The upward run in the U.S. dollar to nearly 12-year highs shows the currency index could be reaching a peak soon, if history is any guide.
As of Tuesday's close, the dollar index was nearly 3 standard deviations above its 50-day moving average. Since 1986, the index has been in this position just 0.58 percent of all trading days, according to quantitative analysis tool Kensho. The probability of the index moving lower in the following days is 92.3 percent and the probability of the index moving higher is 7.7 percent.