The CEO of the world's largest social network turned 31 on Thursday.
As a college student, Mark Zuckerberg created TheFacebook.com in hopes of gaining a few hundred users—11 years later, his site has more than 1.4 billion active users each month. Here are 11 little-known facts about the social media mogul. (Tweet This)
1. While he was in high school, Zuckerberg co-developed a music app called Synapse Media Player. Microsoft and AOL reportedly offered him $1 million to further develop the app and wanted to hire him. Zuckerberg passed on the offer and decided to attend Harvard University, only to drop out after his sophomore year.
2. Zuckerberg was a vegetarian ... sort of. In 2011, he called himself a vegetarian but said he would eat meat if he killed the animal himself. He reportedly has gone back to eating meat he didn't personally kill. And on Facebook, he "likes" McDonald's and In-Out-Burger.
3. He met his future wife, Priscilla Chan, in line at a party for his fraternity. "He was this nerdy guy who was just a little bit out there," Chan told the New Yorker. "I remember he had these beer glasses that said 'pound include beer dot H.' It's a tag for C++. It's like college humor but with a nerdy, computer-science appeal."
4. With a net worth of $34.8 billion, he ranked #16 on Forbes' "Richest People on the Planet 2015" list.
5. His company has created or bought at least 20 different iOS applications. The priciest of the bunch was WhatsApp, which Facebook purchased for a whopping $19 billion in February 2014.