Eric Jackson, an activist investor with SpringOwl Asset Management who became widely known for his public campaigns calling for management shakeups at Yahoo and Viacom, shared his latest views on both names, along with his investment outlook.
Jackson, who uses an unorthodox method to get his voice out through 99-page reports and social media, revealed the following during this special strategy session with CNBC's Mike Santoli:
- The role of activist investors and whether the average Joe should be piggybacking off their picks.
- How the Sumner Redstone drama will resolve itself.
- Who will win the bidding war for Yahoo and if the stock is a buy here.
- Two of his lesser known activist campaigns.
- The characteristics activist investors look for in companies to identify potential targets.