Billionaire investor Carl Icahn joined CNBC's "Squawk Box" on Thursday to share his investment outlook and stock strategy.
In this extensive interview, the hedge fund titan took a cautious tone on stocks, pointing to stretched valuations and risks around global market factors such as China's faltering economy.
Other topics include:
- If he would consider a potential nomination to become U.S. Treasury secretary based on comments from presidential candidate Donald Trump.
- His views on the upcoming U.S. election.
- Stock market valuations and some of the biggest risks the market faces.
- China and how it could influence the performance of global stocks.
- His latest views on mega-large companies like Apple, a holding he recently liquidated.
- Whether bearish bets by fellow hedge fund manager George Soros have any merit.
The broadcast interview is only available in its entirety here to CNBC PRO subscribers.