CNBC AND INC. MAGAZINE CONFERENCE SERIES FOCUSES ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION
Thursday, September 22 at the Citi Performing Arts Center - Wang Theatre
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. & NEW YORK, N.Y., August 18, 2016—Alibaba Founder & Executive Chairman Jack Ma will sit down with CNBC's David Faber in a keynote interview "How I Built It: A Conversation with Jack Ma" to discuss how a focus on helping small businesses led to the creation of the world's largest commerce company. The interview will take place at iCONIC: Boston at the Citi Performing Arts Center - Wang Theatre in Boston on Thursday, September 22.
Produced by CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, and Inc. Media, the publisher of Inc. magazine, the iCONIC Tour 2016 completes a three-city sweep with the Boston event. The Tour is a series of one-day conferences that combine dynamic interviews, inspiring presentations and business advice from leaders who have achieved iconic status.
Tyler Mathisen, co-anchor of CNBC's "Power Lunch" and "Nightly Business Report" and Eric Schurenberg, Inc.'s president and editor-in-chief, will serve as the hosts for the conference. Sessions and interviews will be featured on multiple platforms including CNBC, CNBC.com and Inc.com.
Additional speakers and panelists throughout the day include:
- The co-founder of Life is Good, John Jacobs, who with his brother took $78 and a stick figure drawing and turned it into a $100 million lifestyle brand empire.
- Jim Koch, brewer and founder of Samuel Adams, chairman of The Boston Beer Company and author of Quench Your Own Thirst, discusses how to brew passion and craft a satisfying vision.
- SoulCycle co-founders Elizabeth Cutler & Julie Rice and CrossFit founder Greg Glassman share how they grew fanatical followings for their fitness brands.
- Curt Richardson, founder and chief visionary officer of Otter Products, and Daniel Lubetzky, founder and CEO of KIND and author of Do the Kind Thing, debate whether businesses should have a social mission, or simply seek profit.
- Danae Ringelmann, founder and chief development officer of Indiegogo, delivers a presentation on the culture of innovation and taking a company from founding to future.
- Todd Wagner, partner with Mark Cuban in the Wagner/Cuban Companies and founder of Charity Network, and Bryn Mooser, RYOT founder and CEO, discuss how to successfully weave a narrative into the fabric of your business.
- Gravity Payments founder and CEO Dan Price talks about the results so far of one of the business world's most dramatic experiments in promoting income equality: his decision to raise his company's minimum salary to $70,000.
Leading up to the event, CNBC's small business and entrepreneurship reporter Kate Rogers will provide stories on-air and online highlighting the hottest, most exciting Boston startups.
T-Mobile is the founding sponsor of The iCONIC Tour.
For more information about The iCONIC Tour, including registration and sponsorship opportunities, log on to: www.iconicconference.com.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 386 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides live access to CNBC programming, exclusive video content and global market data and analysis; a suite of CNBC mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices; and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc.
For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.
About Inc. Media:
Founded in 1979 and acquired in 2005 by Mansueto Ventures, Inc. is the only major media brand dedicated exclusively to owners of fast-growing private companies, with the aim to deliver real solutions for today's innovative company builders. Winner of the National Magazine Award for General Excellence in both 2014 and 2012 and the Advertising Age Hot List in 2015. Total monthly audience reach for the brand has grown significantly from 2,000,000 in 2010 to over 13,000,000 today. For more information, visit http://www.inc.com/ .