LONDON, UK – October 20, 2016 – The Sohn Conference Foundation, in partnership with CNBC, announces today the world-class speaker lineup for its 5th Annual Sohn London Investment Conference, bringing together some of the most influential investors to hear their strongest ideas and strategies for navigating the unprecedented and complex challenges Europe now faces.
Douglas Hirsch, Co-Chair of the Sohn Conference Foundation said: "The Sohn London Conference once again draws together elite investors from across the globe. This supports our mission of fighting pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. With the invaluable backing of the UK investment community, we are proud to have raised more than £55 million to date for this cause."
Piers Butler Board Member of Sohn London: "With a line-up of outstanding speakers we are looking forward to a conference which will deliver unique and actionable ideas. We are thrilled to have received so much support from the investor community for a fifth straight year to help support children with cancer and we are excited to be partnering with The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity to achieve this."
The speaker lineup for the 5th Annual Sohn London Investment Conference includes:
- Elif Aktug, Agora Fund Manager, Pictet Asset Management Ltd
- Iván Martin Aranguez, Founding Partner and CIO, Magallanes Value Investors, S.A. S.G.I.I.C.
- Robert Bishop, Founder and Managing Principal, Impala Asset Management
- Bo Börtemark, Co-Founder and Portfolio Manager, Carve Capital AB
- Dureka Carrasquillo, Senior Portfolio Manager, Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board
- Marc Chatin, Partner and Co-Portfolio Manager, Parus Fund
- Adrian Croxson, Head of European Equities, Och-Ziff Management Europe Limited
- Anne-Sophie D'Andlau, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, CIAM
- Ashish Goyal, Portfolio Manager, Citadel Investment Group
- Christopher Hohn, Founder, Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, TCI Fund Management Limited (TCI)
- David Jones, Founder and CEO, You & Mr. Jones
- Erik Karlsson, Founding Partner and CEO, Bodenholm Capital AB
- Mans Larsson, Founder and CIO, Makuria Investment Management
- Michel Massoud, Founder and CIO, Melqart Asset Management
- Masroor Siddiqui, Co-Founder and CIO, Naya Capital Management UK Limited
- Nicolas Walewski, Founder, Portfolio Manager and Managing Director, Alken Asset Management
Under the leadership of the Sohn London Committee, including Piers Butler, Dina Geha, Alexandre Casin, Armenio Keusseyan, and Manuel Stotz, the Sohn London Conference has developed a reputation as London's premier investment conference and charity event. All proceeds from this year's conference will support The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, providing crucial funding to support medical research and cancer treatment for children across the UK.
For more information about the Sohn London Conference, visit www.sohnconference.com/london/, Follow Sohn on Twitter @SohnConf, #SohnLDN2016 – for meeting updates, news and highlights.
ABOUT THE SOHN CONFERENCE FOUNDATION
The Sohn Conference Foundation is dedicated to the treatment and cure of pediatric cancer and other childhood diseases. The Foundation supports cutting-edge medical research, state-of-the-art research equipment, and innovative programs to ensure that children with cancer survive and thrive. The Foundation raises its funds through premier investment conferences and special events, including its renowned annual New York Sohn Investment Conference.
Founded in 1995, the Conference honors the memory of Ira Sohn, a Wall Street professional who lost his battle with cancer at age 29. The Foundation has expanded its reach to include Sohn Canada Conference, Sohn Hong Kong Conference, Sohn India, Sohn London Conference, Sohn San Francisco Conference and Sohn Tel Aviv Conference. To date, the Foundation has raised more than $70 million. More information on the Sohn Conference Foundation can be found here: www.sohnconference.org.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 381 million homes worldwide, including more than 94 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides live access to CNBC programming, exclusive video content and global market data and analysis; a suite of CNBC mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices; and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc.
For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.