×

Billionaire Ken Langone: Why I still plan to vote for Trump, despite lewd talk on video

Ken Langone, the billionaire Republican co-founder of Home Depot, told CNBC on Tuesday he still plans to vote for Donald Trump, despite what he called "moments of disappointment" with the controversial statements and actions of the GOP nominee.

"I'm going to vote for Trump ... absolutely," Langone said in response to a question about whether his views changed when he heard Trump bragging about groping women on the 2005 "Access Hollywood" video that leaked earlier this month.

"I have moments of disappointment when he does and says things I wish he didn't say. But that's being a human being, frankly," Langone said in a "Squawk Box" interview. "All of us do things we wish we hadn't done, or say things we wish we hadn't said."

Langone said he thought both Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton marred the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation charity dinner with their jabs last Thursday night.

"This is a dinner to have fun and raise money for kids to get a good education. The whole evening was demeaned by some of the things both of them said."

Both candidates addressed the dinner and tried to poke some fun at each other.

But personalities aside, Langone said he feels more confident that Trump will put the nation on a better track than Clinton. "We've got serious issues in America. And my bet is he will give us more of what we need than she will."

Langone first supported New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and then Ohio Gov. John Kasich in the Republican race.

Despite supporting Trump, Langone told CNBC back in May that he's done with political fundraising.

Morning Squawk: CNBC's before the bell news roundup

Sign up to get Morning Squawk each weekday

Get this delivered to your inbox, and more info about about our products and service. Privacy Policy.
Please enter a valid email address