Donald Trump made his first major public remarks Monday since his surprising electoral victory.
In a video created and distributed by the president-elect's transition team, Trump reiterated many of his policy pledges previously made on the campaign trail. The video was pre-taped and the statement was not made in an event open to the press.
Trump said he has asked his transition team "to develop a list of executive actions we can take on day one to restore our laws and bring back our jobs."
Here is an outline of Trump's goals:
- Withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Cancel restrictions on American energy
- Reduce regulations
- Protect American infrastructure
- Investigate possible abuses of visa programs
- Impose a five-year ban on lobbying by government officials after they leave office