The CNBC Digital Technology team is looking for an intern with experience in configuring and documenting computer systems and server infrastructures that power web applications, client-server applications and online services. This role requires knowledge in software design, systems configuration and infrastructure and business processes. The intern is expected to be able to use experience gained in the classroom to apply to practical computing challenges in the business world.
- Assess the existing tools and practices of several software development teams, and analyze the changes and requirements necessary to improve their software development methodologies and associated tools.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of technological platforms related to source control, build automation and deployment automation and associated quality control tools.
- Assist in the migration from shell-driven manual deployments to dynamic provisioning and dynamic deployments.
- Experience in documenting applications and system configurations.
- Experience working with source control systems.
- Some understanding of front-end and back-end application technologies.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through and delivering on responsibilities.
- Highly adaptive and proven skills to become an individual contributor quickly.