The CNBC Business News Associate Workshop is an invitation-only workshop designed for entry-level journalists. The workshop will take place on August 9 in Miami, Florida at the 2019 NABJ Annual Convention.
- This workshop is geared toward the Class of 2019 and recent college and post-graduates. Applicants must be registered, or plan to register, for the 2019 NABJ Annual Convention & Career Fair. Applicants are responsible for their registration and travel costs to the 2019 NABJ Annaul Convention & Career Fair.
- Applicants MUST possess ALL of the "basic qualifications" and "eligibility requirements" outlined below.
- CNBC is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
By applying for this workshop, applicants who have a bachelor's degree are also applying for a position as a CNBC Business News Associate. Some workshop attendees may be selected and invited to visit CNBC Global Headquarters for final interviews with members of the CNBC Executive team.
To be considered for the CNBC Business News Associate Program and this workshop, applicants must meet ALL of the Basic Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements.
CNBC Business News Associate Program Qualifications, Eligibility Requirements and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Must be willing to take a drug test
- Must be 18 years or greater
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice
- Must be willing to sign an 18-month employment contract committing to remain with the company for 18 months in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Must be willing to relocate to tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) by September 17, 2019
- Master's degree
- Journalism experience
- Interest in business journalism
- Highly motivated individuals
- Commitment to Television News Production as a career
- Solid writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven leadership skills