Exclusive Video Content from 24 Years of Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meetings Made Publicly Available for the First Time Ever
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., May 5, 2018 – CNBC, First in Business Worldwide, today announced the launch of the Warren Buffett Archive, the digital home to the world's largest video collection of Warren Buffett speaking about business, investing, money and life. The exclusive content from the site, which is built around 24 years of Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting footage as well as CNBC interviews, curated short-form videos and more, is being made available to the public for the first time ever.
"Until now, the only way to see or hear Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger answer shareholders' wide-ranging questions over the past 24 years was to be in the room," said Mark Hoffman, CNBC Chairman. "Whether you are a Buffett fan, a Berkshire Hathaway shareholder, an aspirational student or a savvy investor, the Warren Buffett Archive features the unparalleled insights and teachings of one of the greatest minds in business and we are excited to offer this invaluable resource to users globally for the first time."
The Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting tapes, provided to CNBC by Warren Buffett, serve as the foundation of the Warren Buffett Archive, which showcases not only the incredible growth of Berkshire Hathaway, but the strength of its leadership.
"Charlie and I have had enormous fun working together over the past 50+ years; if I had one wish for users of this archive, it is that they see the value of friendships – both in business and in life," said Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway Chairman and CEO.
Content from the Warren Buffett Archive includes:
- Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meetings: Complete video footage and interactive transcripts from Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meetings dating back to 1994, accounting for more than 120 hours of footage. Each year includes a description, short highlight reel from the meeting and a link to the corresponding annual Warren Buffett letter to shareholders.
- CNBC Interviews: More than 50 video clips of Warren Buffett appearances from CNBC television since 2005.
- Buffett A-Z: Short-form curated video clip collections of Warren Buffett in his own words on particular industries and topics taken from Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meetings and CNBC interviews. Topics include: Airlines, Books, Corporate Governance and Executive Compensation, Housing, Friendship, How to View Stocks, Newspapers, Technology and Warren and Charlie's Wit and Wisdom.
- Timeline: Interactive timeline of Warren Buffett's life and the evolution of Berkshire Hathaway with images and video.
The site also includes articles about Warren Buffett as well as a portfolio tracker, which charts the publicly-traded U.S. stocks owned by Warren Buffett's holding company, Berkshire Hathaway.
The site includes user-friendly features such as:
- Interactive Transcripts: Allows users to follow along in the transcript while they watch Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting footage and sync to specific chapters/paragraphs in the video.
- Search: Powerful search of all content in the archive with the ability to deep-link into specific chapters/paragraphs of video footage through the application of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Application of machine learning to identify and analyze images, text and speech to add enriched metadata that will enable highly relevant and powerful search throughout Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholder Meeting and CNBC interview content.
- Next Generation Video Player: Offers significantly enhanced video load speed as well as a fully-customizable modern and responsive interface. The player also gives users the ability to speed up playback by 1.25, 1.5 and 2x.
- Mobile: The site is completely optimized for mobile viewing with modern responsive web design.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to more than 409 million homes worldwide, including more than 91 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 52 million multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership,entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products across a variety of platforms including: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides live access to CNBC programming, exclusive video content and global market data and analysis;a suite of CNBC mobile products including the CNBC Apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices; and additional products such as the CNBC App for the Apple Watch and Apple TV.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc.
For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.