- The NFL is one of the world's most lucrative sports, according to a new report from Forbes.
- The Dallas Cowboys just became the first team to reach a valuation of $5 billion.
The National Football League continues to be one of the world's most lucrative sports leagues, according to a new report from Forbes. Despite the Dallas Cowboys' 23-year hiatus from the Super Bowl, they've made their way to the top spot in earnings, becoming the first sports team to reach a value of $5 billion.
The average NFL team is worth $2.57 billion, increasing 2 percent since last year, according to Forbes.
Here are the top 10 NFL teams, ranked by value:
10: Philadelphia Eagles. Worth $2.75 billion, owned by Jeffrey Lurie.
9: Houston Texans. Worth $2.8 billion, owned by Robert McNair.
8. New York Jets. Worth $2.85 billion, owned by the Johnson family.
7. Chicago Bears. Worth $2.9 billion, owned by the McCaskey family.
6. San Francisco 49ers. Worth $3.05 billion, owned by Denise DeBartolo York and John York.
5. Washington Redskins. Worth $3.1 billion, owned by Daniel Snyder.
4. Los Angeles Rams. Worth $3.2 billion, owned by Stanley Kroenke.
3. New York Giants. Worth $3.3 billion, owned by John Mara and Steven Tisch.
2. New England Patriots. Worth $3.8 billion, owned by Robert Kraft.
1. Dallas Cowboys. Worth $5.0 billion, owned by Jerry Jones.