The fourth-largest lottery prize in U.S. history will be on the line as numbers are drawn for the Mega Millions game's $654 million jackpot.
The grand prize for Tuesday night's drawing has grown so enormous because no one has won the jackpot since July 24.
Although the jackpot is massive, the odds of matching all six numbers and becoming instantly wealthy are remarkably small at one in 302.5 million.
The estimated $654 million jackpot refers to the annuity option, paid out over 29 years. The cash option, which is favoured by nearly all winners, is $372 million.
Here is a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots that have been won and the states where the winning tickets were sold:
2. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
4. $648 million, Mega Millions, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
5. $590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
8. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)
9. $543 million, Mega Millions, July 24, 2018 (one ticket, California)
10. $536 million, Mega Millions, July 8, 2016 (one ticket, from Indiana)