Amazon recently rolled out an update to its Alexa voice assistant that lets you turn on a new "whisper mode." When it's active, you can whisper to an Amazon Echo so that Alexa quietly answers you.
It's convenient if you use Alexa in a bedroom and don't want to wake up your partner at night, or even if you have a question to ask while in the living room but would prefer if the whole house didn't hear the response.
Here's how to turn on Alexa's whisper mode:
- Open the Alexa app on your Android phone or iPhone.
- Tap the menu button on the top left of the app.
- Select "Settings."
- Tap "Alexa Account" at the top of the screen.
- Choose "Alexa Voice Responses."
- Enable the "Whispered Responses" mode.
When you're done, it should look like this: