North Korea is considering suspending nuclear talks with the United States and its leader may rethink a ban on missile tests, news reports from the North's capital on Friday quoted a senior official as saying.
After the failure of last month's summit of U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the North's top nuclear envoy said its leadership was considering dropping denuclearization talks, Russia's TASS news agency said.
"We have no intention to yield to the U.S. demands (at the Hanoi summit) in any form, nor are we willing to engage in negotiations of this kind," the agency quoted North Korean Vice Foreign Minister Choe Son Hui as saying.
Kim is set to make an official announcement soon on his position regarding talks with the United States and the North's further actions, it added, citing Choe, who was addressing a news conference in the North Korean capital.
Choe also said Washington threw away a golden opportunity at the summit and warned that Kim might rethink a moratorium on missile launches, the Associated Press news agency added.
The comments run counter to optimism displayed by a U.S. negotiator this week, despite the collapse of last month's talks in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi.