CNBC Financial Wellness Initiative "Invest in You: Ready. Set. Grow." to Provide Daily Content Focused on Savings
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., March 28, 2019 – In recognition of Financial Literacy Month in April, CNBC's Invest in You: Ready. Set. Grow., a financial wellness initiative in partnership with Acorns, will offer a variety of actionable personal finance content aimed at helping empower people to develop savings strategies. CNBC is also unveiling its Financial Wellness Advisory Council, bringing together the foremost financial experts, thought leaders and influencers to offer personal finance tips and strategies.
Throughout the month, CNBC will provide original articles and videos focused on savings advice, common myths about saving and investing, how to better navigate life's biggest monetary hurdles and the different financial stages of life, among other topics. The content will be available on CNBC Digital (cnbc.com/invest-in-you) and across CNBC's Business Day programming.
"Saving money is a large cause of financial stress for many Americans," said Mark Hoffman, CNBC Chairman. "At CNBC, we believe in the importance of educating future generations, arming them with the knowledge and tools necessary for a healthy financial life. And with our Invest in You: Ready. Set. Grow. financial wellness initiative, we have the platform to provide users with easily digestible, actionable information to help them create essential savings strategies."
Additional content from Invest in You: Ready. Set. Grow. for Financial Literacy Month includes:
- Invest in You Savings Survey – The national survey, which was conducted by CNBC and Acorns in partnership with SurveyMonkey, will examine the savings behaviors of Americans, seeking to identify the most pressing savings issues people face today.
- The CNBC Financial Wellness Advisory Council – The council, which consists of financial experts, thought leaders and influencers who are passionate about financial wellness, will offer their insights and personal experiences with money and share key strategies and tools that can help educate users interested in bettering their financial futures. Tony Robbins, Life and Business Strategist, #1 New York Times Best-Selling Author, Entrepreneur, and Philanthropist, is a Special Advisor to the CNBC Financial Wellness Advisory Council. Additional council members include:
- Sheila Bair, former Chair, FDIC; and former President, Washington College
- Samantha Barry, Editor-in-Chief, Glamour
- Martin Cabrera, Jr., CEO, Cabrera Capital Markets, LLC; and Latino Donor Collaborative Advisory Network Member
- Brandon Copeland, New York Jets Linebacker; Entrepreneur; Professor; Philanthropist; and Investor
- Akbar Gbajabiamila, Co-Host, NBC's American Ninja Warrior; and Author, Everyone Can Be a Ninja Warrior
- Billy Hensley, Ph.D., President and CEO, National Endowment for Financial Education
- Annamaria Lusardi, Ph.D., Denit Trust Endowed Chair of Economics and Accountancy, GW School of Business; and Founder and Academic Director, Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center
- Nan Morrison, President and CEO, Council for Economic Education
- Andy Roddick, former Professional Tennis Player; and Founder and Chair, Andy Roddick Foundation
- Gabriel Tanglao, Associate Director, New Jersey Education Association; and former teacher, Bergenfield Public Schools
- Mark Teixeira, former MLB First Baseman; Partner, Urban Creek Partners; and ESPN Analyst
CNBC will also launch the #SavingUpContest to challenge Americans to be more mindful of their savings habits and jumpstart conversations about saving and investing money. Users will post personal videos to Twitter, Instagram or Facebook and share what they are saving up for whether it be retirement, college, a home, etc. Ten winners will be selected to receive an Acorns gift card. Additional information and contest rules can be found here: cnbc.com/savingupcontest.
NBCUniversal and Comcast Ventures, the venture capital arm of NBCUniversal's parent company, Comcast Corporation, are investors in Acorns.
With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, and CNBC World, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to 410 million homes worldwide, including more than 90 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC Digital delivers more than 55 million U.S. multi-platform unique visitors each month. CNBC.com provides real-time financial market news and information to CNBC's investor audience. CNBC Make It is a digital destination focused on making you smarter about how you earn, save and spend your money by zeroing in on careers, leadership, entrepreneurship and personal finance.
CNBC has a vast portfolio of digital products, offering CNBC content to a variety of platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. To learn more, visit https://www.cnbc.com/digital-products/.
Members of the media can receive more information about CNBC and its programming on the NBCUniversal Media Village Web site at http://www.nbcumv.com/programming/cnbc. For more information about NBCUniversal, please visit http://www.NBCUniversal.com.