- If you've lost your AirPods around the house, they can be pretty easy to find.
- But, if you left them somewhere else, you're totally out of luck.
- Here's how to find your lost AirPods using a tool Apple gives to every iPhone owner.
It's pretty simple to find your lost AirPods, so long as they still have power. Apple has a tool called "Find My iPhone" that, despite its name, can help you keep track of almost all your Apple gadgets.
The app is preinstalled right on your iPhone or iPad. If you don't have an iPhone, you can also find it at iCloud.com, where you'll just need to log into your Apple account first.
Here's what you need to do:
- Open Find my iPhone on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the list of Apple products you own and tap your AirPods.
- You'll see where they were last located, which means they were in range of your iPhone and still had power.
- If they look like they're nearby, tap Actions.
- Tap "Play a sound."
- Now be quiet and listen for your AirPods. They should be playing an alarm so you can hear them. This is great if they're hiding under your bed or in a couch cushion.
There's not much you can do if they stolen or are no longer within range of your iPhone, like in the back seat of an Uber somewhere. You might not have to buy a whole new set, though. If you've only lost a single AirPod, you can buy a replacement from Apple for $69 per bud. Or, if you just lost your case, you can purchase a new one for $59. Apple's new wireless charging case for AirPods costs $79 to replace.