LONDON, Oct. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced it has joined the U.K. government's G-Cloud framework. With this announcement, U.K. public sector organisations can now procure salesforce.com's trusted cloud computing applications and platform via the G-Cloud CloudStore to innovate and transform for the social era.
Comments on the News:
- "Now with salesforce.com joining the G-Cloud framework, the U.K. public sector can harness the power of social and mobile cloud computing to innovate and transform. The U.K. government now has a tremendous opportunity to end the era of IT projects that run over budget and behind schedule. That's great news for the U.K. taxpayer," salesforce.com EMEA chairman Dr. Steve Garnett said.
- "Record government deficits, failed legacy IT programs, and a lack of public sector innovation have created a tipping point for cloud computing. The G-Cloud represents the innovative path and is evidence of the unstoppable momentum of cloud computing in governments around the world," salesforce.com executive vice president for emerging markets Vivek Kundra said.
- "The G-Cloud programme presents a huge opportunity for public sector organisations to improve efficiencies through cloud services and provides the potential for further innovation. As a result we are pleased to expand the G-Cloud framework with salesforce.com. We are working hard to continually advance the framework to ensure that it develops in-line with the needs of the public sector and enables us to make best use of new and emerging technologies," director of G-Cloud Programme, and Home Office director of IT strategy and delivery, Denise McDonagh said.
G-Cloud Framework: Innovate and Eliminate Wasteful Spending with Cloud Computing
The G-Cloud framework underpins a Cloud-First approach by the U.K. government that fundamentally changes the way U.K. public sector organisations procure and operate information technology to improve services and work more effectively for the public. The framework and catalogued list of suppliers simplifies the procurement process and provides easy access to approved cloud technologies. Public sector organisations in the U.K. are looking to revolutionise a broad range of services both in local and central government as well as public services such as the National Health Service with cloud computing.
Governments Around the World Transform with Salesforce.com
Salesforce.com's leading cloud computing technologies are helping government organisations to streamline internal processes, collaborate across departments, and engage with the public via social networking and mobile devices. With salesforce.com, governments can deploy social and mobile cloud computing solutions that deliver immediate value, break down barriers to innovation, and eliminate wasteful IT spending. Government customers around the world such as the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead in the U.K., Japan Post in Japan and NASA in the U.S. are using Salesforce to connect citizens, civil service employees, and agencies in completely new ways.
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter.
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook.
- Read more about the G-Cloud Programme.
- Visit the G-Cloud CloudStore.
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate.
- Grow your business with the world's #1 sales app, Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winning Salesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity with Salesforce Chatter
- Align, motivate and drive performance with Salesforce Work.com
- Build social and mobile cloud apps on the Salesforce Platform and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, the AppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Copyright © 2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Work.com, AppExchange, Salesforce Platform, and others are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.