DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4h6hmh/global_and) has announced the addition of the "Global and Chinese Display Driver IC Industry Report, 2011-2012" report to their offering.
Display driver IC can find application in large-sized panel and small-and medium-sized panel. Display driver IC for large-sized panel use is grouped into source driver IC and gate driver IC, while display driver IC for small-and medium-sized panel use is likely to grow into a system-on-a-chip that will, in function, further integrates TCON and high-speed interface to simplify the external FPC and the design of PCB. Given the power-saving concerns, the integration of backlight control function will become another trend.
In 2011, the global display driver IC market scale hit USD6.158 billion, and the figure in 2012 is expected to drop to USD6.102 billion and, in 2014, it will dive to USD5.478 billion.
The Fall of Market Size is Caused By:
- Insufficient demand for large-sized LCD display and LCD-TV;
- the consumption of driver IC dropped due to the heightened integration of driver IC;
- large-sized panel manufacturers integrate functions of gate driver IC into a panel;
- The manufacturing process of driver IC improves. For instance, more and more driver IC is fabricated in 12-inch wafer fabs instead of originally 8-inch ones and with the fabrication process evolving from 0.18 micrometer to 0.13 and 0.09 micrometer. As a result, the driver IC cost will be greatly slashed, making the selling price cut down.
Large-sized driver IC market is ceaselessly shrinking, while small-and medium-sized driver IC market develops smoothly.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Brief Introduction to Driver IC
1.1 TFT-LCD Driver IC
1.2 Driver IC Packaging
1.3 Display Driver IC Market
1.4 Display Driver IC Industry Pattern
2. Small-and Medium-sized Panel and Touch Screen Industry
2.1 Touch Screen Industry Chain
2.2 Touch Screen Industry Scale
2.3 Small-and Medium-Sized Display Industry Scale
2.4 Status Quo of Small-and Medium-sized Panel Technology
2.5 Regional Pattern of Small-and Medium-Sized Display Industry
2.6 Ranking of Small-and Medium-sized Display Manufacturers
2.7 Ranking of Touch Screen Manufacturers
2.8 Touch Screen Manufacturers and Their Clients
3. Display Driver IC Design Houses
4. Major Small-and Medium-sized Panel Players
5. Companies in the Driver IC Industry Chain
- CHIMEI INNOLUX
- Japan Display
- LG Display
- Orise Technology
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/4h6hmh/global_and
Source: Research and Markets