Company’s Scalable, Secure, and Flexible Cloud Platform Supports Over 700 Customers and 36 Languages
CHICAGO & REDWOOD SHORES, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Saba (NASDAQ: SABA), the premier provider of people-centric enterprise solutions, announced today that it has experienced continued momentum in customer adoption of its premier cloud-based solutions including learning management, talent management, real-time and social collaboration. As of the end of its first quarter of fiscal year 2012, Saba’s total number of cloud subscribers across the globe exceeded 10.2 million, making the company one of the industry’s largest cloud-based learning and talent management solution providers.
Over the last year, Saba has seen continued adoption of its cloud solutions not only by large enterprises, but also by mid-enterprise and small-to-medium businesses (SMBs). Organizations are increasingly turning to Saba for its cloud-based learning management, talent management, real-time and social collaboration solutions to help engage, develop, and inspire their people throughout their extended value chains, thereby transforming the way they work. The number of new customers adopting Saba solutions has been steadily increasing, with the company adding more than 140 customers in fiscal year 2012 and over 50 customers in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
"We are extremely excited about the continued adoption of our cloud solutions. It's a strong testament to our ability to understand customer needs and deliver the value they are seeking," said Shawn Farshchi, Chief Operating Officer at Saba. "As companies of all sizes adopt our people-centric solutions to transform the way they work, Saba’s ability to provide a highly scalable, secure and flexible cloud platform will allow them to focus on realizing their business transformation and achieving their growth objectives."
The Saba Cloud Platform is highly scalable and exceeds industry security and compliance standards. Its powerful, standards-based architecture can address the needs of large customers in a global implementation as well as those of mid-sized enterprises in a Cloud environment. Specifically, the Saba Cloud Platform:
- Supports over 10.2 million global cloud subscribers
- Delivers cloud-based solutions to more than 700 customers worldwide
- Supports deployments of all sizes, ranging from hundreds to over 400,000 subscribers per organization
- Has delivered over 110 million learning events to its subscribers to date
- Provides robust and functionally-rich people-centric solutions in 36 languages
- Has 13 state-of-the-art data centers across North America, EMEA and APAC, all of which are assessed against International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001 certification and/or Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) 16
- Delivers more than 30 validated environments against Food and Drug Administration (FDA) controls
Saba provides world-class cloud services in support of its cloud platform, including:
- Robust security assurance services including engagement with penetration testers to perform web application, network vulnerability, and onsite physical security audit from a third party view
- Transparency on security programs by hosting audits for Saba customers, including onsite policy review, customer’s third party penetration testing, and onsite System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) quality audits
- Cloud services for government customers in compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) moderate data security controls
- Standards based integration capabilities delivered on Enterprise Service Bus, including web services, standard import/export templates, and out-of-the-box connectors with back-end systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- State-of-the-art SSAE-16, AT101 Type II and ISO 27001 certified data centers
- Service best-practices standards based on National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and ISO 27002
- Comprehensive consulting services, including configurators and wizards for rapid implementation
- Secure, available cloud services 24x7x365
- Online and phone support 24x7
- Multi-tenant cloud delivery model
- Out-of-the-box single sign-on (SSO) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Visit Saba: www.saba.com
- Follow the Saba blog: http://www.saba.com/blogs/
- Follow Saba on Twitter: @SabaSoftware
Saba (NASDAQ: SABA) enables organizations to build a transformative workplace that leverages the advent of social networking in business and the ubiquity of mobile to empower an organization’s most mission-critical assets – its people. The company provides a set of people-centric enterprise solutions to various businesses and industries worldwide. Saba delivers cloud-based learning management, talent management, and social enterprise solutions to transform the way people work.
Saba's premier customer base includes major global organizations and industry leaders in financial services, life sciences and healthcare, high tech, automotive and manufacturing, retail, energy and utilities, packaged goods, and public sector organizations. Headquartered in Redwood Shores, California, Saba has offices on five continents. For more information, please visit www.saba.com or call +1-877-SABA-101 or +1-650-779-2791. SABA, the Saba logo, and the marks relating to Saba products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Saba Software, Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Legal Notice Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws, including, without limitation, statements regarding the continued momentum of customer adoption and continued adoption of Saba’s cloud solutions and that organizations are increasingly turning to Saba for its cloud-based solutions. Saba's actual results could differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. Risks and uncertainties Saba faces that could cause results to differ materially include risks associated with: Saba’s ability to file its delayed periodic reports with the SEC and regain compliance with Nasdaq filing requirements, Saba's dependence on growth of the markets for Saba's products, dependence on acceptance of Saba's products by customers and channel partners, fluctuation in customer spending, length of Saba's sales cycle, competition, rapid technological change, dependence on new product introductions and enhancements, and potential software defects. Readers should also refer to the section entitled "Risk Factors" in the Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended May 31, 2011, and similar disclosures in subsequent reports filed with the SEC. The forward-looking statements and risks stated in this press release are based on information available to Saba today. Saba assumes no obligation to update them.