NAPA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- New workshop session topics and dynamic speakers are scheduled for the sixth annual Direct to Consumer Wine Symposium, January 24, 2013 at the South San Francisco Conference Center, located 3 miles north of San Francisco International Airport.
Registration remains $375 per person and $395 after December 23, 2012. Registration includes participation in the general session, lunch, workshop sessions, and trade show and reception on Thursday, January 24, 2013. The Wednesday Evening Social Mixer ($75) once again kicks off the event. Both programs sold out in 2012 ten days before the events, so early registration is encouraged at http://www.dtcwinesymposium.com/registration.html
Here is a summary of afternoon Workshop Sessions:
- Effective Events: Party Like A Rock Star (and Gain New Customers). Looking for new ideas to increase attendance and engagement? This workshop will explore innovative ways to encourage prospective and current customers to join in the fun! Speakers will include Michael Brown (Sokol Blosser Winery) and Katie Noonan (Tolosa Winery).
- Video: The Next Best Thing to Being There. How do you make video really work? Our panel will present case studies of effective video campaigns, and how to create and market your video program. Speakers will include Ken Nerlove (Elkhorn Winery), Lisa Gotfried (Video in a Minute) and Susan DeMatei (Wine Glass Marketing).
- Metrics: What Do They REALLY Tell Us? By popular demand, this session will expand on the morning’s presentation of the DTC Winery Check-Up research project, one of the highlights of the 2012 summit. DTCWS research partner Ross Goodwin will show you how to use the study to benchmark your winery and increase sales. (Not signed up for the free survey? Click here: http://www.dtcwinesymposium.com/survey.php )
- Systems Integration: Speed Dating with the DTC Geeks. This unique format will allow you to interact with experts at three of the six thematic tables within the hour allotted for this session. Table themes and their geek hosts will include:
- The Joy of POS and CRM Systems Integration, eCellar and another vendor to be announced
- Reconciling Club and CRM Systems, with eWinery Solutions and bLoyal
- Dialing the Right Number with Telemarketing, with Chatterbox and Call for Wine
- Delivering on Fulfillment’s Promise, with Wineshipping and FedEx
- Email and Ecommerce Bliss, with Nexternal and another vendor to be announced
- Web Content Management Contentment, with Benson Marketing Group and Vin65.
“For its sixth year, the Direct to Consumer Wine Symposium will again be the epicenter of wine direct marketing and sales this January,” said Brian Baker, this year’s chairman and V.P. of Sales and Marketing at Chateau Montelena winery. “We anticipate another sold-out fundraiser that brings together winery owners, club and tasting room managers, and marketers for the only annual DTC conference organized by vintners, for vintners.”
About the Direct to Consumer Wine Symposium
The DTC Wine Symposium is presented by and a fundraiser for Free the Grapes! and Coalition for Free Trade. These two organizations have worked successfully with local winery associations and industry representatives to increase the number of legal, winery shipping states from 17 to 39, which represent 89.5% of US wine consumption. For registration and other information visit www.dtcwinesymposium.com. To inquire about sponsorships, visit http://www.dtcwinesymposium.com/trade_signup.php; 80% of slots are sold out, but cost-effective opportunities remain.
Benson Marketing Group
Jeremy Benson, 707-254-1107
Source: Direct to Consumer Wine Symposium