DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n39p4p/strategic) has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Strategic Analysis of North American and European Small and Medium Semiconductor Enterprises: Creating Value Through Innovation" to their offering.
The semiconductor market is cyclical, and success in this market is dependent on technology innovation. There are increasing numbers of small and medium semiconductor companies staking claims of technology expertise. This research service provides an in-depth analysis of the North American and European semiconductor market, with a particular focus on small and medium semiconductor companies. It includes segmentation by geographical region and product type. The study highlights market drivers and restraints, revenue forecasts, and a competitive analysis. An overview of key small and medium sized semiconductor companies in North America and Europe is also included.
- The North American and European semiconductor market suffered a slowdown compared to robust growth in 2012. Growth is expected to remain slow due to softening of demand globally as well as economic uncertainties in Europe. However, the market is expected to display stronger growth rates during the second half of 2012.
- The demand for radio frequency integrated circuits (RFICs) and increasing demand from broadband, multimedia, networking, and wireless devices are expected to boost growth during the forecast period.
- Niche markets, such as the medical, aerospace, and defense markets, and instrumentation are also expected to bolster innovation and growth post Q4 2012.
- Innovation is suffering due to the significant amount of resources required (design cost, IP charges, ramp-up to production) to launch a new product at fast time-to-market.
- The market, while recovering, is still facing less venture capital interest compared to years ago.
- Cost pressures are on the rise; as a result, semiconductor manufacturers are struggling to achieve breakeven and profitability in a rapid turnaround time.
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&As) to improve technology and the product portfolio will be very high over the next two years.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer:
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
- Are the existing competitors appropriately structured to meet customer needs?
- Is this an industry or a market? Will these companies/products/services continue to exist, or will they be acquired by other companies? Will the products/services become features in other markets?
- How will the structure of the market change over time? Is it ripe for acquisitions?
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n39p4p/strategic
Source: Frost & Sullivan
Source: Research and Markets