--Simple, Fast Download Helps Shoppers Compare Best Prices Online--
LOS ANGELES & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ShopWiki, the multinational Internet shopping search engine owned by Oversee.net, reported today that its barcode scanning app is now available for free at the iTunes store. It is compatible with the new iPhone 5 as well as with all prior iPhone models going back to the iPhone 3GS.
ShopWiki’s free comparison pricing app is designed to help shoppers in brick and mortar retail stores instantly check for better online prices before they buy. The app is fast and easy to download and install and offers the following features and benefits:
- Scan barcodes to initiate an instant online search.
- Text search capability. Enter a specific product name or category to conduct an online search.
- Search results include up-to-date product and price information obtained from the maximum number of merchant websites.
- Retains a history of prior searches so the consumer can re-run a search to check for updated pricing.
- Find online products and prices in 10 countries using respective native languages – U.S., Canada, England, Ireland, Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Belgium and Australia.
- Access millions of UPC/EAN codes in 10 different countries.
“Throughout the year, we have seen a steady increase in mobile users visiting ShopWiki.com and ShopWiki international sites, especially on weekends,” said James Keating, GM of Oversee.net’s Retail Group. “We developed this barcode scanning app to help mobile users conduct fast, comprehensive, effective searches for the best online prices while they are shopping in local stores. Our goal is to help consumers make informed purchase decisions to save both time and money.”
ShopWiki, acquired by Oversee in 2010, operates online shopping websites serving 11 countries in North America, Europe and Australia. Using its powerful web crawling technology, ShopWiki sites help consumers find the best prices and deals on 244 million products at more than 162,000 online stores.
Oversee.net® is a leader in online performance marketing. Using proprietary technology, it helps advertisers acquire valuable, pre-qualified leads. Its DomainSponsor® business unit pioneered the monetization of direct navigation traffic in 2002 and now operates one of the largest PPC and CPV traffic networks in the world with over 250 million unique visitors per month. Oversee’s owned and operated lead generation websites in the travel, retail and consumer finance verticals produce over 14 million high-converting leads per month for advertisers by providing users with the information they need to make smart purchase decisions. Oversee also owns DOMAINfest®, a conference series for domain investors and online marketing professionals. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Oversee has offices in New York City and Frankfurt, Germany.